Sunday, February 12, 2017

Welcome to My Blog

Hi, my name is Sarah. I'm starting this blog to address the stereotypes of the LGBT community. As a young girl I struggled with my sexual identity behind closed doors because I grew up in a place that was not understanding of queer people. Since I had no exposure to LGBT individuals, I was forced to research online, which can sometimes be a good tool, but when it comes to LGBT matters the information can be varied and most of it is false. After I moved to a more progressive area, it was easy to see that the information I had found was mostly false.

Each week I will address some of the claims, or stereotypes, that can be found on the internet about LGBT people. I will explain how these stereotypes started, then debunk or give them merit based on my own opinion and research. I hope to help young kids struggling to find true information on the LGBT community. Until next week, always remember #LoveWins.

2 comments:

  1. I am in love with this blog to be honest! I really like your topic of choice and I think your content so far is well done. As a suggestion, I am personally not fond of the font and color choice/scheme. Overall, this is a really great blog! #lovewins

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your title #lovewins is so cute! The colors are great choice for the topic, I just found the words a little hard to read sometime (I also didn't this on my phone. So that could be the issue) I think it so cool that you picked a topic like this. It's an awesome and different idea!!

    ReplyDelete